Friday, January 13, 2012

NYC / DESIGN VENTURE / MOM CARDS

Happy New Year!

I've been slacking on my personal bloggin. I blame the holidays and other people's fun blogs. I've also been a traveling gal. My most recent journey was to NYC with my boyf to go see our dear dear dear friends who just moved there. They gave us the best tour of Manhattan and we still have so much more to see --- which is precisely why we have already booked another trip to the big apple over the 4th of July. I also got to briefly hang out with a couple girlfriends from college - I'm such a lucky gal. :) On our trip there was a lot of " Well next time we have to do this" -- so, next time.... it's on! Here is a little snip of our most enjoyable trip to the Big Apple over New Years weekend.



Alrighty, so NYC was an absolute trip.... of a trip. That city made me want to become something great. It gave me an extremely fresh perspective on where hard work and passion can take you. Perfect timing eh? I hate being cliche but I'm excited for what this year is going to bring. And as far as "new years resolutions" go, I am focusing all my energy around one word, Growth. Growth in my health, my relationships, my career, etc. Nothing too crazay and definitely nothing out of reach. Bring it on. 

So, something I'm really focusing on this year is developing my own personal brand. In school I felt so much more creative and I just feel like these last few years I've just been so unmotivated to do any type of design after 6pm. No MORE. It's on. I have purchased this beautiful white glossy desk from the one and only West Elm and I am ready to get crackin and get inspired. 

I guess I was actin like a lil wacksta foo lastnight while trying to rearrange and what not. Seth said he didn't know I was so particular about stuff.... and I was like well... it's gotta look good.... hello! :)

buuuuuuuut....... I think I'm way too excited about my desk.... =o I love WE.



So at this cute shiny desk I will start creating... finding my love for creativity and design AGAIN.... in hopes that something GREAT comes from it. This might be a new venture for me... Mom Cards... has anyone heard of these? My sister asked me if I would design some for her and I was like, "a what card?" and she explained and I was like, "whoa, what a genius idea!" {that I'm SO upset I didn't come up with.} Mom's have the hardest and most exciting job of all... why shouldn't they have a pretty personal name card to give out at parties, play dates, day cares, dinners, etc. Here are a few that I came up with for my sister to fit her personal style. She ended up picking the one on top and they are being printed as I type. I can't wait to see the finished product! Yipee!



Okee Dokee, that is about all I have today. My two college friends get in town tonight and I can't hardly wait. Since we all went to school in Savannah, GA on the East Coast and now live all over the country it's really hard to see everyone... so this is a real treat and the weekend is going to be a total blast. :)

Alright Ya'll. Be good and have a JOLLY NEW YEAR! 

hb



No comments:

Post a Comment